[X2Go-Dev] Bug#287: Bug#287: x2goserver allows to connect to ALL X server sessions by default

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Aug 7 11:43:38 CEST 2013

control: tag -1 moreinfo
control: tag -1 not-a-bug
control: tag -1 wontfix

On Mi 07 Aug 2013 07:36:18 CEST David Fuhrmann wrote:

> I just noticed that x2goserver allows to connect to ALL running X
> sessions on the target machine, using "connect to local desktop".
> These might be logged in local users, or NX sessions which were not
> terminated correctly. This is especially worse in the latter case,
> as the screen is not locked here, normally.
>
> This is a HUGE security leak, as now all users are able to access
> data of the other users, and hinder them from working by
> manipulating current sessions.
>
> Normal remote desktop software should BLOCK such access by default,
> and only allow it when the user explicitly requested it or
> configured it so.

I just tested this to be really sure that this is a not-a-bug report...

What you describe only works for the same login!!!! So if my user
(sunweaver) logs in locally to an X-Session and ,,sunweaver'' then
connects via X2Go to connect to a local X session then I can access my
__own__ local X sessions.

However, I cannot access other users' sessions unless they grant
access via the X2Go Desktop Sharing utility.

Please re-test and re-confirm or post a message that states that the
mistake was on your part.

Thanks+Greets,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148