[X2Go-Dev] Proxy versus broker?

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Sep 28 14:46:14 CEST 2012

Hello, all.  I was delighted to see the pending release of proxy
capability.  Is this at all related to the project undertaken quite a
while ago to create a "broker", i.e., to have a single publicly exposed
site to which users would connect and then be directed to their
appropriate X2Go Server?

We currently struggle with assigning unique X2Go servers (and we use one
per user via VServer) unique ports to avoid consuming countless public
IP addresses.  It would be so much easier of all could connect to a
single device and have that device broker the connection to their
internal X2Go Server.  Thanks - John