[X2Go-Dev] python-x2go fails to build on launchpad

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 09:41:08 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Reinhard,
>
> Python X2Go fails to build on Launchpad for Ubuntu lucid currently. This is
> due to the missing --with python2 addon feature in debhelper 8.0.0, I guess.

AFAIUI not the absense, but the presence of --with python2 is the problem here.
Ubuntu/Lucid did not have that python helper yet, and updating
debhelper won't help much either.

> You uploaded debhelper 8.0.0 to ppa:x2go/ppa already. Would it make sense to
> provide a newer version of debhelper via our ppa? This, I guess, then has to
> be in ppa:x2go/ppa and ppa:x2go/stable. Could you take a look at that?

this seems to be filed before as:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-defaults/+bug/788524

There is even a workaround in comment #3.

--
regards,
    Reinhard