[X2Go-Dev] Issues/Quirks with MAC client

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Wed Sep 26 13:55:59 CEST 2012

Am 26.09.2012 13:47, schrieb Oleksandr Shneyder:
>> >Re: 2) "--hide", on Windows (and probably also on Linux, though I never
>> >checked it there), means "hide-to-systray", so parts of the application
>> >remain accessible via right-click (context menu).
> It is not quite correct. This option is for single applications, which
> should look for user as running on local system. It should be used with
> passwordless setup and link on desktop. The user should not see
> x2goclient window at all. "Minimize to tray" is other feature and it
> configured from "Configuration" dialog in X2Go client.

Well, on MS-Windows, "--hide" sends x2goclient to the systray on
startup, with the possibility to right-click and select "restore" (or
whatever it may be called in English; in German, it's
"Wiederherstellen"), so this is what I've come to accept as expected
behavior, and I'm looking for a comparable solution for Mac OS.

I'm using this with all the systray options checked in the x2goclient
settings and published applications, and it "just works" on MS-Windows.

-Stefan