[X2Go-Dev] X2go, printing, Vserver, PostgreSQL  - PS

senrabdet at aol.com senrabdet at aol.com
Sun Sep 23 15:54:41 CEST 2012

Hi All:

This morning, per yesterday's email re: our trouble printing using a Vserver guest with postgreSQL and a Vserver host doubling as a cups server, we tried an experiment that didn't work but thought we'd add it in.

-We increased the Vserver config fstab (not the fstab in the Vserver's /etc but the one in the Vserver config folder) to 1024M.
-We started x2go and noted the session name
-By hand, we created a folder with the session name in /tmp (i.e., tmp/.x2go-user1/spool/C-user1-50-1348405390_stDGNOME_dp24) on the Vserver guest/x2go server.
-We erased the broken spool link, and created a new one that points to the new folder in /tmp again on the Vserver guest/x2go server.

At that point, the link was active (not broken) but nothing changed in our inablity to print.  I.e., we start a print job on the virtual x2go printer, all seems to go fine, but no joy in terms of evince starting on the client or getting a page to print.

Still though, the print jobs are showing up in /var/spool/cups on the cups server, in the cups interface (http://localhost:631), the page_log in /var/log/cups on the cups server, and we don't get any errors in error_log in /var/log/cups on the cups server.  That has been the case before.

We think that fact that we can connect via x2go shows that the postgreSQL setup is working, that the print jobs are showing up on the cups server suggests that the printing ssh connection works (though we're less sure about this).

 Not sure what to make of this....but hope it was worth adding.

Best,

Ted