[X2Go-Dev] Bug#34: Support for proxy server

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Sep 21 14:48:09 CEST 2012

Hi Heinrich,

On Fr 21 Sep 2012 14:20:19 CEST glpk xypron wrote:

> Dear Mike,
>
> what I would like to have is that like in putty I can enter the
> proxy server, the port, my proxy user, and my proxy password. The
> x2goclient will create a SSH connection.
>
> As long as x2go does not support this scenario. I have to log onto
> my server using putty. With putty I log onto port 443 of my server
> and create a tunnel between port 443 on my laptop to port 443 of my
> server. The I use the x2goclient to connect to my laptop port 443.

Ok, we will investigate what putty is doing and maybe it is quite easy
to immitate that. I am still not sure what there is behind that
technologically.

Please take a look at the SSH proxy feature in PyHoca-GUI and check if
that meets your requirements.

Do not expect such a feature to be there by tomorrow. It is on the
wishlist, though.

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31