[X2Go-Dev] Bug#35: On Debian systems (wheezy/sid): Menus in Libreoffice and some other applications are not rendered properly

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Sep 21 12:57:49 CEST 2012

Package: x2goagent
Version: 3.5.0.15
Severity: grave

for the record: there currently is a grave bug in Debian testing
(forwarded to freedesktop.org) that describes a rendering problem of
GTK based application menus.

I can reproduce these problems with latest x2goagent version, as well.

However, I am not sure, to what respect we can solve this in X2Go. As
it is a bug in the Xserver code of Xorg, we finally may have to patch
the solution into x2goagent sometime (or search for it by ourselves)
but we also may not...

Because: the problem does not occur on Ubuntu precise as X2Go Server.
It only occurs on Debian wheezy/sid as X2Go Server. This leads me to
the conclusion that the issue has to be solved inside Debian and we
will be happy in X2Go once that is fixed.

This bug is for documenting the progress of the X2Go team and others
on this issue.

1. DESKTOP SESSIONS

   * Menus are rendered ok under Ubuntu precise
   * Menus are sometimes rendered ok under Debian, sometimes lines are missing

2. ROOTLESS SESSIONS

   * Libreoffice (from wheezy/sid) does not have any text in the menus at all
   * On Ubuntu precise Libreoffice looks ok...

Greets,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31