[X2Go-Dev] Printing, x2go, Vservers

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Sep 16 20:50:24 CEST 2012

Hi Ted,

On So 16 Sep 2012 19:59:44 CEST  wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> Thanks John, Mike.  Thanks for the responses.
>
> 1)  Apologize, but don't know how to respond to threads other than
> to write a new email - assume this is the wrong way to do this.  May
> be way we set up our profile?  We don't get email responses to
> questions, and go to archive to retrieve them.  Fix this?

Main problem, you post to x2go-dev _and_ x2go-user and you are not
subscribed to x2go-user. If people reply on x2go-user, you are not in
the list of recipients.

> 2)  Mike's Response
>
> "Have you read this tutorial? I guess, it still is up-to-date...
> http://www.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:advanced:multi-node:x2goserver-printing"
>
> Hi Mike - great suggestion - have seen this tutorial, but didn't
> occur to us to try it.  We're going to spend a bit more time trying
> to get single node to work, as figure that may come in handy...but
> think your suggestion is going to be the way for us to go.

Yeah, I thought so...

> 3)  John's Response
>
> "Does the CUPS server have rights to write to the client's spool
> directory? Good luck - John"
>

> c)  we get entries in the error_log on the x2go client to x2go
> server on Vserver guest of:
> E [16/Sep/2012:16:56:12 +0000] Unable to open listen socket for
> address ::1:631 - Address family not supported by protocol.
> E [16/Sep/2012:16:56:13 +0000] Unable to bind broadcast socket -
> Address already in use.

ahhh... make sure CUPS operates on IPv4. Obviously, there is a problem
with IPv6 on your system (maybe disabled?).

> Our understanding is that this has to do with IPv6 not working or
> being set up.  However, when we think we disabled IPv6 using "echo
> 'blacklist ipv6' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist" the errors disappear
> but we still can't print.  Does this matter?

IPv6 is disabled by this (on Debian/Ubuntu):
echo net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1 > /etc/sysctl.d/disableipv6.conf

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31