[X2Go-Dev] Two new features in X2Go Client

Oleksandr Shneyder oleksandr.shneyder at obviously-nice.de
Thu Sep 6 12:23:45 CEST 2012

Hallo list,

I'm very glad to introduce two new features in X2Go Client.

1. Direct RDP connection to Windows Terminal Server.
This feature was sponsored from Mirco Rohloff from "Rohloff AG" -
http://www.rohloff.de
With this feature you can open direct RDP connection using installed on
the client system RDP client program without X2Go proxy. It could be
useful in mixed environments with both Linux and Windows TS. This
feature is only available for Linux client. To use it, choose Session
type "Connect to Windows terminal server" in Session preferences. You
should also check "Direct RDP Connection". After that you can configure
additional setting in tab "Settings". In this tab you can choose display
resolution, RDP client to use and also specify additional command line
parameters. I suggest to use direct RDP connections only over LAN or VPN
connections. Over Internet using X2Go proxy is faster and securer.
You can install X2Go Client-3.99.3.0 which contain this feature from our
repository "heuler"

2. X2Go client with old (0.9.6) Pulseaudio.
This feature was sponsored from Stefan Baur from "BAUR-ITCS UG" -
http://office.stefanbaur.de/
This is an alternative "interims" X2Go Client for Windows which includes
an obsolete version of Pulseaudio. You can try this version if you have
problems with sound in Flash.
You can download a Windows binary from here:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/with-old-pulseaudio-0.9.6/x2goclient-3.99.3.0.interims-pre2-setup.exe

Regards,
Alex
--