[X2Go-Dev] Major issue with users' mounts and encrypted (ecryptfs) homes in suspended sessions

Eugene San eugenesan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:39:26 CET 2012

Hi all,

I would like to report a major problem affecting people using home
folder encryption (ecryptfs) and miscellaneous FUSE mounts.
When session suspended, user's folders got unmounted.
As result applications and services left in undefined state and that
might lead to severe results.
In addition to banal crashes, dropbox and friends might decide that
data was deleted locally and sync that to cloud!

I guess above related to the fact all pam sessions are closed during suspend.
Any ideas how to fix that?

P.S.
Previously NoMachine's server was available as a fallback.
But due to recent changes to libCairo
(http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=16), it's currently
broken.
And I am not sure when and if at all, it's going to be fixed.
So currently there is no solution.

Thanks