[X2Go-Dev] X2go, printing, Vserver, PostgreSQL - Progress....

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Oct 1 07:53:12 CEST 2012

Hi John,

On Mo 01 Okt 2012 04:12:25 CEST "John A. Sullivan III" wrote:

> On Sun, 2012-09-30 at 10:35 -0400, senrabdet at aol.com wrote:

>> Another quick update - we think enabling fuse in the vserver guest is
>> part of the problem, though the vserver folks suggest this may be a
>> security/stability problem.
>>
> <snip>
> Newer kernels may break out the capability required to make FUSE work
> from the admin capability but I've not investigated that yet.  If you
> allowed the admin capability in your vserver guest, you shot your
> security to bits.  If I recall correctly, the capability limitation was
> not in mounting FUSE drives but only in unmounting them, strangely.
> That's why we moved the x2gocleansessions script to the VServer host -
> not to mention that it means we can run one process for many hundreds of
> servers rather than one each firing every five seconds.
>
> We do have this working without opening the admin capabilities but I do
> not remember the details off the top of my head and we are using an old
> and heavily adapted version.  Good luck with it - John

For X2Go Server 3.2.0.0 I am currently fully restructuring the
x2goserver src:package. Would it make sense for you to package the
x2gocleansessions script in a separate package? What other components
do you have running on the Vserver host that do not run on the X2Go
servers (Vserver guests)?

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31