[X2Go-Dev] X2go, printing, Vserver, PostgreSQL - Progress....

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Oct 1 04:12:25 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-09-30 at 10:35 -0400, senrabdet at aol.com wrote:
> Hi All:
>

> Another quick update - we think enabling fuse in the vserver guest is
> part of the problem, though the vserver folks suggest this may be a
> security/stability problem.
>

> In any event, that fixed the broken spool link, and we think we're on
> to "cups admin how to" issues that may be solved outside of this
> forum.
>

> More to follow...

<snip>
Newer kernels may break out the capability required to make FUSE work
from the admin capability but I've not investigated that yet.  If you
allowed the admin capability in your vserver guest, you shot your
security to bits.  If I recall correctly, the capability limitation was
not in mounting FUSE drives but only in unmounting them, strangely.
That's why we moved the x2gocleansessions script to the VServer host -
not to mention that it means we can run one process for many hundreds of
servers rather than one each firing every five seconds.

We do have this working without opening the admin capabilities but I do
not remember the details off the top of my head and we are using an old
and heavily adapted version.  Good luck with it - John