[X2Go-Dev] x2go & ubuntu 12.10 ... now that there is no Unity-2d

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 15:50:04 CET 2012

I just tried installing x2goserver, x2goserver-xsession on a new Ubuntu
12.10 machine.

Trying to connect with my x2goclient I got an error

Failed to load session "gnome-fallback"

I guess I had thought that the entry in x2go client for "Unity" meant that
actual support for full Unity (not just Unity-2d) had been implemented.

Since starting with Ubuntu 12.10 there is no longer support for Unity-2d
are there any plans as to what the future holds with x2go ?

I also am interested what plans there might be for the coming introduction
of Wayland into Ubuntu as well as the other linux distro's I've heard
that are going to be supporting Wayland?

Thanks for any information.

Brian