[X2Go-Dev] running X2Go Server in userspace

Ralf Hemmecke hemmecke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:14:21 CET 2012

Thanks for finding such a nice subject line.

> Also for multi-node printing (where X2Go Server != CUPS server) we use
> some sudo and su - tricks. (the CUPS virtual X2Go printer runs as
> priviledged root user because it has to do a chown <user> on incoming
> print jobs). Please study x2goserver-printing and cups-x2go for further
> insights on this.

That seems to be unimportant to me. Once a user is logged onto the
server, he/she can of course use any service that is provided on that
machine. The x2go project has certainly reasons to provide some printing
support. But I believe that is irrelevant for my case. And since I am
not near the server and/or the printer, I happily exclude to consider
this cups and sudo business there.

I might need to send graphics over a 2mbit line and just a few minutes
ago, I've run an experiment where x2go performed quite reasonable (at
least much better than what I have seen over a normal remote X
connection.  (Thank you guys for working on this.)

Ralf