[X2Go-Dev] x2go with git submodules

Ralf Hemmecke hemmecke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:36:40 CET 2012

On 11/07/2012 02:23 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> On Mi 07 Nov 2012 13:48:10 CET Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
>
>>> Sorry about the non-user installation,
>>
>> That's at least a clear statement. Thanks.
>> However, might this change in a near future?
>
> It is not a use case here, so I won't work on it.

Let me ask you about the big picture.

AFAIU, x2goclient connects via ssh to the server with and basically logs
into the server with the user account that is given to x2goclient.

Then everything is done on behalf of this user.

But... I've seen a new x2gouser account on the server. Why do you need this?

Furthermore, are there (and I'm pretty sure there are) any processes
that must be run as root or x2gouser after installation? If yes, which
are they and do you see a reason which prevents these processes from
being run as the user that comes from x2goclient?

Are there any real needs for a root user in x2go's server setup or does
this just happen by convenience for the developers?

Ralf