[X2Go-Dev] Windows X2Go client and Windows 8

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Mon May 21 14:47:00 CEST 2012

Hi Devs,

just FYI: I tried to run 3.99.2.1-rc3 on Windows 8 (32-Bit) and it gets
to the point where the connection is established and it tries to start
the X server on the client, then it completely crashes Windows 8 (forced
reboot).

Attempting to run vcxsrv.exe on its own doesn't seem to do anything:
There's no black X desktop showing up, but Win8 doesn't crash either.

With Windows 8 schedluled for release in October 2012, I guess *someone*
should take a look at this soon.

-Stefan