[X2Go-Dev] Full screen on Windows XP

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon May 14 21:58:25 CEST 2012

Op 14-05-12 17:23, Stefan Baur schreef:
> Am 14.05.2012 16:46, schrieb Paul van der Vlis:
>> Is it possible to work full-screen on Windows XP with X2goclient?
>> I have a customer what says that this does not work.
>
> Maybe.  Maybe not.  Our crystal ball has been returned to the
> manufacturer for an upgrade, so please, tell us more about the systems
> involved, at least the following:
>
> - Linux distribution and version used on the server

Debian 6.0.5.

> - list of X2Go packages (and version numbers) installed on the server

I did a new install with "apt-get install x2goserver". So the latest
version. And x2gognomebindings.

> - list of packages and version numbers of the desktop environment

You are asking a lot...  It's the Gnome environment of Debian stable,
gnome-desktop-environment is installed.

> - version number of Windows client

The latest X2goclient version.

> - the exact error message your customer is seeing
>   (preferably including a detailed log from the login process)

I don't have that. My customer just said that it did not work
full-screen, and that there was no need to get it working.
But I am curious.

> Obviously, it is impossible to start a $FOO session if the $FOO Desktop
> Environment hasn't been installed on the server.

It was just meaned as a very simple question, something like: "does it
work for you?" of "is it known not to work?".

With regards,
Paul.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl