[X2Go-Dev] Issue with sound

John Williams jwilliams4200 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 23:18:28 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM, newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
<newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de> wrote:
> I have (you had suggested it before), with the result that I don't have
> sound at all.
> Of course, the most likely reason for that is that my server indeed is
> behind a firewall, and I'm ssh'ing into it through that firewall (via
> port-forwarding)...

Ha! Sorry if you already told me that, and I forgot.  Yes, I suppose
the workaround of disabling sound tunneling is useless if the client
and server are separated by a firewall.

I don't understand why tunneling the sound results in intermittent
failures, but it does seem like that should be the focus of any
debugging efforts to understand this problem with the Windows client.