[X2Go-Dev] Mac Client status

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Mar 6 22:55:57 CET 2012

Hi guys,

On Di 06 Mär 2012 18:48:12 CET "John A. Sullivan III" wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-03-06 at 18:21 +0100, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
>> - sometimes, I have to resume a session, restart the client,
>> suspend the session
>> and resume it again for it to be usable (first time resuming will
>> just close the
>> connection to the server), BUT IIRC this happens on Linux, too, so I can't
>> actually blame the OS X part... (plus, it only happens sometimes. :()

> <snip>
> I have noticed that problem in Linux.  I think it is an SSH timing
> issue.  The connecting, suspending, reconnecting is not actually doing
> anything, I believe, except functioning as a rudimentary clock.  If one
> just waits five minutes after being abruptly disconnected, all
> reconnects fine :( - John

When writing the connection/tunneling code of python-x2go I observed
something similar. The problem with port forwarding requests (both
reverse or non-reverse) is a situation when (after suspend) the ports
do no get closed properly. We always have to make sure to properly
cancel port forwarding requests before we disconnect from a SSH session.

Thanks+Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B