[X2Go-Dev] Debian libnx-x11 package for sid 64bit links broken (patch)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Mar 1 22:38:34 CET 2012

Hi Anthony,

On Do 01 Mär 2012 12:39:20 CET Anthony Callegaro wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Since the upgrade to x2go 3.1 I couldn't connect from any clients to my
> Debian sid amd64 x2goserver.
>
> There is no error on the client side just that the session is
> terminating just after starting.
>
> The server is stating that the session started well.
> /usr/bin/x2gostartagent: successfully started X2Go agent session with ID xxx
>
> After long hours of debugging I found out that it was due to some broken
> links in /usr/lib/nx/X11/Xinerama/
>
> The following solved my issue :
> rm /usr/lib/nx/X11/Xinerama/libNX_X11.so.6
> ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
> /usr/lib/nx/X11/Xinerama/libNX_X11.so.6
> rm /usr/lib/nx/X11/Xinerama/libNX_Xext.so.6
> ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXext.so.6
> /usr/lib/nx/X11/Xinerama/libNX_Xext.so.6
>
> This is probably due to multiarch, I don't know if there is a simple way
> to point to the correct lib path in nx-libs.git/debian/libnx-x11.links
>
> According to the multiarch documentation [0] : "Any references to files
> located in /usr/lib from within your packaging, including but not
> limited to debian/rules, any debian/*.install or debian/*.links files,
> or maintainer scripts, must be updated by hand for the new locations."
>
> The simple attached patch solved the issue for me but will probably
> break i386 version of the package.
>
> Let me know your thoughts.
>
> Thanks anyway for this fantastic tool :o)
> LeTic

Thanks for reporting the issue and digging to its bottom!!! I have
just committed some patches (unfortunately not one clean commit :-( )
that should solve the issue.

We use the same code base for building on Debian squeeze and sid, so
you patch was not applicable. I have added a workaround in new
postinst and prerm scripts of libnx-x11.

Feedback is very welcome.

Mike

PS: packages for Debian (nightly build repos aka heuler) are currently
building, will take another 1-2 hours till they all have built.
Launchpad will probably grab the changes soon to and will build for
ppa:x2go/ppa.

PPS: happy testing

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B