[X2Go-Dev] Cut & Paste between 2 Ubuntu servers

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Fri Jun 29 19:01:44 CEST 2012

Am 29.06.2012 18:46, schrieb John A. Sullivan III:

>> And IIRC, there are different types of clipboards on Linux, as well.
>> See, for example, this link here:
>> http://mutelight.org/subtleties-of-the-x-clipboard
>>
> <snip>
> Fascinating article.  I am a KDE and thus Klipper user.  I have noticed
> that sometimes pasting works perfectly fine whereas other times, I must
> activate the latest entry in Klipper.  I wonder if that has to do with
> the difference between PRIMARY/CLIPBOARD/SECONDARY? I've noticed
> particular problems with OpenOffice.  Thanks - John

Seems likely, though I haven't really experimented with it myself.  I
remember cursing wildly after closing the last Iceweasel window and
finding myself unable to paste into Icedove or some other application
back from when I was mainly using Linux as my desktop OS (2003-2009 were
the Years of the Linux Desktop, it all started going downhill from there
;-)).

-Stefan