[X2Go-Dev] Experiences with x2goserver on Wheezy

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Jun 13 15:25:48 CEST 2012

Op 13-06-12 14:23, Mike Gabriel schreef:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Mi 13 Jun 2012 14:09:44 CEST Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Installing X2goserver on Wheezy works fine.
>>
>> But when I start a session from a client with Squeeze to a server with
>> Wheezy and Gnome, I see short a black "X2go" window, but after that the
>> session is gone.
>>
>> I will add the /var/log/auth.log and /var/log/syslog (debug mode) at the
>> end of this mail.
>>
>> With regards,
>> Paul.
>
> Please install from the heuler repos area. Does that work?

Yes, is does work. I've used the normal x2goclient, but on the server I
use the version from Heuler now.

But starting is a bit slow, and after starting I see another desktop
then normal. In the left on top I see "applications" and "locations"
(translated from Dutch) and I can start applications and they are fast.
But I cannot see minimized applications. Maybe this is Gnome3 in 2D....

I miss the "user" menu item on the right.

My settings are 800x600, but what I see is my whole screen (not fullscreen).

I don't see a way how to close the session, other then clicking the "x".
After starting it a second time I did not have a menu anymore.

With regards,
Paul.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl