[X2Go-Dev] IPv6 and IPv4

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Jul 23 10:31:17 CEST 2012

Hi Christoph,

On So 22 Jul 2012 15:29:17 CEST Christoph Egger wrote:

> Hi all!
>
>   I was using x2go on my notebook on a IPv6 enabled network and the
> x2goserver also has v6 connectivity. Everything went fine so far,
> however when I am in an IPv4 only network (no v6 default route, only
> link-local address) x2go to the same server fails with "Connection timed
> out" while I am able to connect to the x2goserver flawlessly via ssh
> over IPv4. If I start the local v6tunnel on my notebook connecting to
> the x2goserver works again.
>
> Regards
>
>     Christoph

Testing more intensively with IPv6 is on my todo, however, I do not
get to it as other issues squeeze themselves into the todo queue.

Can you try out pyhoca-gui instead of x2goclient? What do you observe
then? I presume it's a client-side issue.

Greets,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31