[X2go-Dev] Question regarding command line options / portable mode

newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Fri Jan 27 21:53:18 CET 2012

Hi List,

since I can't find anything in the Wiki nor in the man pages of the
linux x2goclient:

Is there a place where I can find documentation regarding the command
line options of x2goclient (especially the Microsoft Windows version)?

I noticed there's an option --portable, which seems to store the session
configuration in a "sessions" text file, just like the linux version
does by default (the MS Windows default is to store it in the registry).

Is there any way to influence where this sessions file is stored, or a
way to import a sessions file into the registry?

Will x2goclient crash if this file is read-only? (I'm thinking of
storing it on a network share that is read-only)

That would make a mass roll-out so much easier.

Also, does the Windows x2goclient *installer* offer any options that
allow an automated roll-out, something like
/default (install to default locations with all the default options) and
/quiet (do not present any pop-ups, just install)?

Kind Regards,
Stefan