[X2go-Dev] x2go Plugin

senrabdet at aol.com senrabdet at aol.com
Sun Jan 22 20:59:40 CET 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

We are trying to evaluate the x2go plugin (hope to evaluate the thin client option soon too), and are having some trouble.  Can anyone help?

Questions
- is the plugin development/support still active?

- we assume you need to set up the server as a web server with the code described on the x2go site, and install the plugin on the client side:  is that true?

- we assume the primary code from the http://www.x2go.org/wiki:components:x2goplugin#a_complete_website_example
goes in the home page/index.html file:  is that right?

- when we surf to the site, we get...

  x2goplugin

This website will offer you a plugin named "x2goplugin". With the installed    plugin you'll be able to start or recover a session running on a x2goserver.     The server needs to be preconfigured.    To get more information about what x2go is, please visit http://www.x2go.org.

...this is part of the example code we used shown below, but that's as far as we go and link just takes us back to the main site.  We don't see a way to have the site install the plugin.

- when we try to download the plugin in the client (again, we assume the plugin is necessary on the client browser) from http://plugin.x2go.org we get a missing page...same with the link on plugin example page link .... would guess this is just about the state of the web site change...

...but is there somewhere where we can download the plugin?  Could someone email it if the site will be under construction for a while?

- lastly, when the documentation says you can leave the user name blank, does that mean "user=" like we have it shown below?  Are there problems with our "index.html" file or our "x2go.server" files shown below

Background
- we set up an x2go server and can connect to it using the Windows client with SSL keys - works fine (much faster than RDP)
- we used the same server and set up a web server using the instructions from http://www.x2go.org/wiki:components:x2goplugin
The code from our index.html file is:

  <head>
    <title>x2go Plugin</title>
    <script src="http://plugin.x2go.org/media/x2goplugin.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  </head>
<object src="location"
    type="application/x2go"
    pluginspage="http://plugin.x2go.org/index.html"
    pluginurl="http://plugin.x2go.org/download/x2goplugin_linux32.xpi"
    data="x2go.server"
    hidden="false"
    name="x2goplugin"
    palette="background"
    height="100%"
    hspace="0"
    vspace="0"
    width="100%">
        <--x2goplugin //-->
    </object>
    <h4>x2goplugin</h4>
    plugin you'll be able to start or recover a session running on a x2goserver.
    The server needs to be preconfigured.
    To get more information about what x2go is, please visit <a href="http://www.x2go.org">http://www.x2go.org</a>.

And our x2go.server file is (with IP blacked out)
session=mysessionname
server=http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
user=
sshport=22