[X2go-Dev] RPMs for RH6

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Jan 27 15:55:12 CET 2012

Hi Bogdan,

On Fr 27 Jan 2012 14:54:43 CET Bogdan-Andrei Taru wrote:

> [...]

2 questions...

Q1:
Have you already packaged NX (redistributed)? This is needed for the
X2Go server side. For using X2Go you have to use NX as provided by
X2Go. Our NX (redistributed) should work fine with FreeNX and alike.
http://code.x2go.org/releases/source/nx-libs/nx-libs_3.5.0.8-full.tar.gz

The Makefiles are far from optimal, so we have to cooperated on
fine-tuning them. John Williams has also contributed to that, but I
have not had time and priority to improve them.

Q2:
Why do you configure Postgres? For packaging please provide an SQLite
solution. X2Go can be used without Postgres and without Postgres it is
possible to install X2Go server and let it run out of the box. Please
pre-configure X2Go server with SQLite. Please refer to the postinst
script in the /debian folder:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=blob;f=debian/x2goserver.postinst;h=68d83d755e683fc9e04e9b5d36ca046c01e13bb0;hb=ce3023c2ee41457a4acf19ec858c84ddf068ee1f

thanks,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B