[X2go-Dev] Test-Recipe for libjpeg-turbo anx NX

Benjamin Shadwick benshadwick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 16:42:09 CET 2012

Those bug threads actually make me *less* nervous. The first one explains
that libjpeg-turbo is just a derivative of standard libjpeg that uses SIMD
instructions to accelerate functionality by 2-4x. The second mentions that
there have been improvements to libjpeg-turbo to make it ABI-compatible
with libjpeg8.

Looking at the readme (
http://libjpeg-turbo.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/libjpeg-turbo/trunk/README-turbo.txt)
on the (still active) sourceforge project shows that by default it is
API/ABI compatible with libjpeg v6b, which is what is currently most widely
used. It can also be configured to be compatible with v7 or v8 instead, but
there are a few v7+ features that are not supported.

--
- Ben S.