[X2go-Dev] [X2go-User] libjpeg-turbo use with X2GO

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Jan 23 18:57:37 CET 2012

Hi Waldek,

cross-posting to x2go-dev ML as we should not SPAM the x2go-user list
with such complex stuff ;-) Maybe you want to subscribe to x2go-dev?

On Sa 21 Jan 2012 12:59:46 CET Waldek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anybody try to configure for example ubutu to configure x2goserver
> to use libjpeg-tubro (
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjpeg-turbo/ ) instead libjpeg ? I
> have read that for example OpenNX client for neatx or freenx server
> recommend to use this because libjpeg-turbo have speed improvement
> than standard libjpeg and it will be use full to reduce transfer for
> x2go session. I don't know how to configure (or is it possible?)
> x2goserver on ubutu to use libjpeg-turbo
>
> Regards

libjpeg-turbo support (from my perspective) is a distribution issue.
Libjpeg-turbo is pending for Debian sid inclusion:

As we do not have plans to ship libjpeg-turbo within the X2Go
repository currently, I guess we will have to wait for distro
inclusion in Debian/Ubuntu.

With other distros that already have libjpeg8 (optionally) replaced by
libjpeg-turbo, it should be possible to compile NX (redistributed)
against the faster libary.

There also is another NX related project on git.ethersoft.ru that
provides NX with libjpeg-turbo. However, that repos only builds NX for
FreeNX.

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B