[X2go-Dev] NX (redistributed) -- x2goagent fully integrated into NX-libs (call for testing)

Jochen Schulz schulz at math.uni-goettingen.de
Sat Jan 14 15:01:25 CET 2012

Hi!

> Please test with the Ubuntu nightly builds (tomorrow! not today!).
> Check on launchpad.net/~x2go that packages have been built already.

it seems that the nightly builds work just fine (both neatx-server and x2go). Thanks! Do you know already, when you will have this fix in the stable repo? (because my setup is in production)

>> nxlibs 1:3.5.0-1-2-0ubuntu1ppa8
>
>-> DROP!!!

they were a dependency with the downgraded nxagent. of course i dropped them, when nxagent was upgraded.

>>> This smells like you are using old X2Go agent code. This has been
>>> settled some months ago...
>>
>> I pinned the x2goserver-package to 3.0.99.7 (and patched some things
>> manually) because of some problems with the newer ones, so yes, i have
>> old code..
>
>The x2goserver does not cause the keyboard bug, it actually was in
>x2goagent, but you have the new version. Let's see if problems persist
>after upgrade (nightly packages, ppa:x2go/ppa, not ppa:x2go/stable).

the keyboard-bug also seems to be gone. very good!

perhaps i could now switch to x2go entirely as the keyboard-bug was fatal for my setup and drop support for nx as i have x2go in a thinclient environment, it is more stable and has more features.

for the x2goserver-issues i will report when i have time for this.

Thanks!

Jochen