[X2go-Dev] NX (redistributed) -- x2goagent fully integrated into NX-libs (call for testing)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Jan 13 12:08:25 CET 2012

Hi Jochen,

On Fr 13 Jan 2012 11:48:35 CET Jochen Schulz wrote:

> in principle this is really great and i appreciate the hard work.
>
> Sadly, the upgraded nxagent had the effect that neither freenx nor
> neatx-server was working anymore (ubuntu 10.04, neatx-server and x2go
> side by side using http://ppa.launchpad.net/freenx-team/ppa/ubuntu and
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/x2go/stable/ubuntu)
>
> Looking at the debug-output of the server shows this:
>
> DEBUG daemon:461 /usr/bin/nxagent[8867] stderr: Error: Aborting session
> with 'Unable to open display
> 'nx/nx,options=/var/lib/neatx/sessions/09BD2B7A618AF0AEAC0292E490A9D340/options:682''.
> ERROR agent:376 Agent error: Aborting session with 'Unable to open
> display
> 'nx/nx,options=/var/lib/neatx/sessions/09BD2B7A618AF0AEAC0292E490A9D340/options:682''.
>
> as i didn't had the time right away to track the problem down, i
> downgraded the nxagent to the version in the freenx-ppa of ubuntu. It
> seems there is some issue with xauth in the end. If you need furhter
> help with this, feel free to contact me.

Please provide more information on that. Esp. what exact package
versions are installed on your system. Furthermore, please provide the
deb-URLs where you got all the software components from. Thanks.

> (slightly) off-topic:
> In the long run i would like to only use x2go, but there is an issue
> left which i name here:
>
> When connecting from computers with german-keyboard-layout to a session
> where an english-keyboard layout was set, it happens that pressing
> 'ALTGR+Q' (which should write '@') will switch to a mode which always
> have ALTGR on. Only defocus+focus the window again 'fixes' the problem.
> No setting of the keyboard-layout via gnome-keyboar-switcher or setting
> via 'setxkbmap de' is helping. Perhaps you can gave me a hint what to do
> in such a case or to even track this bug down? Thanks!

This smells like you are using old X2Go agent code. This has been
settled some months ago...

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B