[X2Go-Dev] x2goclient does not build

Oliver Burger obgr_seneca at mageia.org
Wed Feb 29 09:51:09 CET 2012

Hi there,

I'm having problems building the new x2goclient:

----->   snip   <-----
[oli at beteigeuze build (master)]$ qmake ../x2goclient.pro
Project MESSAGE: if you want to build x2goplugin you should export
X2GO_CLIENT_TARGET=plugin
Project MESSAGE: building x2goclient with ldap and cups
RCC: Error in '../resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_en.qm'
RCC: Error in '../resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_de.qm'
RCC: Error in '../resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_fr.qm'
RCC: Error in '../resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_nb_no.qm'
RCC: Error in '../resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_sv.qm'
RCC: Error in '../resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_ru.qm'
RCC: Error in '../resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_zh_tw.qm'
----->   snip   <-----

I don't know much about the qt way of internationalisation, but aren't
the qm files actually the "compiled" ones and the ts files the sources?

Like it is with mo and po files?
If yes, why is it searching for qm files?

Calling qmake like that is what I'm doing for years now and it worked
till 3.99.0.6.
I saw in the wiki, that there is now an installation instruction using
"make && make install".
But I had to patch the Makefile for that.
Is there a majority of distros calling the tools lrelease-qt4 and
qmake-qt4 or is it just Debian and its sibblings?

Oliver