[X2Go-Dev] off-topic / on-topic threads on x2go-dev mailing list

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Feb 22 20:13:21 CET 2012

Hi all,

as the traffic on the x2go-dev mailing list is currently growing
enormously (which probably is partially my fault, as well ;-) ), this
shows me that X2Go is in the discussion and also being used at your
sites. That is very great. The dynamism is really lovely.

However, also the development team and the number of contributors is
growing. The number of incoming patches has measurably increased
within the last two months. That is awesome and we are very happy to
observe this.

Meanwhile, this x2go-dev list is turning into a ,,real'' development
list. We more and more discuss coding issues, send in / review
patches, etc.

So, I (and also other developers) have to become more strict when
discussion threads run off-topic for a development list. Please
consider your topic well that you post to x2go-dev, make sure it is a
development issue, a bug, etc.

However, issues that relate to using X2Go, fine-tuning your setup,
etc.pp. please consider sending to the x2go-user mailing list. Please
support us with our work by using the x2go-user list for issues on
using X2Go. Let us keep this channel free for development.

Thanks to all for your great and continuous contributions,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B