[X2Go-Dev] Preferred settings for X2go LAN use

John Williams jwilliams4200 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 23:10:33 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM, newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de >
Everything works great at first, short clips, like Adobe Flash
animated
> advertisements with sound, run rather smooth, but longer videos on youtube
> experience a "stuck image" effect that only goes away when moving the mouse
> over the area where the video plays (this helps for a few seconds, then you
> have to repeat the procedure), also, the sound starts to get choppy.
> BUT: This *might* be due to something weird in my LAN config or due to the
> client options I chose. It sure needs further testing and verification
> before it can be considered a bug.

Have you tried disabling (UNchecking) "Use SSH port forwarding to
tunnel sound system connections through firewalls"?

I have found that all versions of Windows x2goclient after 3.01-13,
including the latest 3.99.1.0 (preview2), have a problem with
tunneling sound through firewalls. It will intermittently lock up.
Sometimes it works fine for a while, but eventually the sound always
locks up. Disabling tunneling fixes that issue for me.