[X2Go-Dev] [X2go-User] Suggestion - x2go Community & Core-Dev's should set a date for a Week of Wiki updating/cleanup

Heinz-M. Graesing lists at graesing.de
Tue Feb 21 21:33:14 CET 2012

Hello Mike,

hello wiki users!

I've created 2 new sites for our wiki sprint:

http://wiki.x2go.org/doc:wiki:discussion
http://wiki.x2go.org/doc:wiki:discussion:template

Mike has already made some comments inside the discussion document.
Please feel free to add your coments too. We should definitely discuss
our changes and the way of doing before starting our work.

Again: any help is welcome!

If anybody wants to present some ideas or changes, he can do this by
using our cloned wiki instance available at (don't offer major changes
on the productive wiki!!!):

http://wiki-playground.x2go.org/

Please respect some facts about this site/wiki mixture. The top level
sites are meant to be static (besides the blog). Only the wiki namespace
should be a fast changing and adopting space.

The top level sites will be localized - I don't think that this is a
good idea for the wiki. As it is really changing fast, we should
concentrate to keep it update!

As a lot of people had requested a very reduced layout for the wiki
pages, maybe it is a good idea to reduce the wiki layout to a certain
minimum. But to preserve the advantage of the full site search there
should not be any different platform/wiki/server (for this main wiki).

In my eyes it makes sense to talk about the communication channel. I
would reduce the choices to:

* keep everything regarding the wiki on x2go-dev

* start a new documentation mailing list

As this effects even people who are not planning to work on the wiki (as
there is more traffic on this list), please let me know what you think
about it.

Regards,

Heinz