[X2Go-Dev] x2goclient.exe - Saving session settings to registry

newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Tue Feb 21 16:18:24 CET 2012

Am 21.02.2012 16:14, schrieb Daniel Lindgren:
>> So, to the Windows client users out there: Can anyone of you think of a
>> reason that speaks against saving the settings in a file?
> One possible reason would be the option to use Group Policy to
> distribute registry settings to users and predefine sessions for them.
>
> However, I do not see any problems with using session files to do the
> same, in fact I would prefer it because of the portability (and
> transferability) of files vs registry settings.

AOL! Erm, I mean, "Me too".

> I haven't tried the
> --portable option in Windows, hopefully it allows you to start a
> session from the command line (or a shortcut) by specifying the
> session file.
That is independent of --portable, as far as I can tell from
x2goclient.exe --help, so it *should* (IOW, I haven't tested it) be
possible with settings saved in the registry as well: The parameter to
do that is --session=<session>, where <session> is the ID-string of a
session saved either in a sessions file or in the registry.

-Stefan