[X2Go-Dev] Usernames with dashes causes errors?

christoffer krakou christoffer at fleten.net
Tue Feb 21 12:58:08 CET 2012

Hello x2go people :)

i have a server running Ubuntu 11.10 with an x2goserver installation,
version 3.0.99.10-0~434~oneiric1, and it is running well and stable.

We had some strange problems, though. We contacted a school, who would
help us test the server under daily use, and made some test users for
them, called "test-*their name*". When they, and i, tried to log into
those users, the client would freeze, no error message or anything. On
the server, the x2goagent would run amok, soaking up CPU power. The
problem seems to occur only on users with dashes in their names.

Can anyone replicate this? it is quite strange
--
Venlig Hilsen / Best Regards
Christoffer Krakou