[X2Go-Dev] I18n - how to do it

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Feb 20 11:12:46 CET 2012

Hi Mike.

On 2012-02-20 10:46, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Most important thing is that such a translation service does not
> conflict with manual translation commits.

No, this should of course not be the case. Basically I am thinking of an
upload and a download script. The upload-script will take the latest
files from GIT and upload them to the server. This _can_ be triggered
using a cron job or done manually. The download script will download the
files and update the git. I'm not sure yet, whether it is better to do
this manually or by using a cron job. None the loss the workload should
not be lower than accepting a patch.
Using the client is described in [1]. It even denies to update the local
files when updating from the server, if you made local changes. :) Or if
someone else checks a new version into git you can automatically update
the version on the translation server.

Cheers
Morty

[1] http://help.transifex.net/features/client/#auto-local

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty