[X2Go-Dev] Fwd: MAC developers wanted

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Sun Feb 19 20:45:08 CET 2012

* On 19.02.2012 08:33 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Mihai,
>
> On So 19 Feb 2012 19:55:41 CET Mihai Moldovan wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike
>>
>> please fetch and try the file at
>> http://www.ionic.de/x2goclient-3.99.1.0.dmg.
>>
>> It's starting up and connecting fine for me, however, I can't test X11
>> stuff as some other bug is biting me again where it can't connect to the
>> X11 server. I started debugging this a few days ago but couldn't get
>> really into it as the problem just vanished from one run to another...
>
> Maybe an xauth problem? Does X2GoClient's Qt work through X11 on Mac
> OS or does Qt4 connect to the graphical Mac desktop directly?
Nah, Qt4 is using the native Cocoa interface on OS X. X2go then tries to
start (if not already started) and to connect to the xserver on
localhost:6000 (which seems weird/wrong to me, why not via the UNIX
socket for instance? I guess I should try to change that.) and then it
should basically work.

However, on my system the X server is listening on port 6004 instead of
6000 (thus using displayPort 5?) - for whatever reason. Due to the
hardcoded connection settings in x2goclient, it won't be able to connect
to the server... but again, as I was about to fix it, it started working
again (probably the xserver restarted on displayport 0/port 6000), so I
lost the interest and tried getting the universal build setup first.

>> Anyway, I'd be delighted if you could give it a try, Mike!
>
> Unfortunately, I do not have a Mac around (anymore). I am currently in
> the process of sending a test machine provided by Stefan back to him.
> Stefan will be able to test your build in a couple of days.
>
> Anyone else on the list who has a Mac OS around, please give us
> feedback on the .dmg file provided by Mihai.

Oh alright, I can wait. But please do me a big favor: fetch
http://www.ionic.de/x2goclient-3.99.1.0-r2.dmg - I forgot to add i386
support in the x2goclient binary before, shame on me. r2 is now
featuring both x86 and x86_64 support.

Best regards,

Mihai