[X2Go-Dev] Problem with X2Go and VMWare Tools

newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Sat Feb 18 21:35:59 CET 2012

Am 18.02.2012 21:26, schrieb Daniel Lindgren:
> Either way, AFAIK, KVM is not a supported paltform by Microsoft, so
> it's not viable in an enterprise environment were support contracts
> are a must.

That's what I meant with "forced to use VMware" in my rant.

(Aside from that, no matter if it's officially supported or not, I can
confirm that it works well with W2K3 and W2K8R2 - both in my own little
test environment as well as at customer sites of my aforementioned
partner company, from what they're telling me. I've also created one of
my Win7 instances that I use for testing on a 64-Bit KVM system, as my
main dev machine with VMware Workstation doesn't have hardware
virtualization support and thus won't run 64-Bit Windows 7, and I didn't
want to spend the $$$ on another license - that, too, works flawlessly)

-Stefan