[X2Go-Dev] Fwd: MAC developers wanted

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sat Feb 18 21:35:11 CET 2012

Hi Mihai,

On Sa 18 Feb 2012 21:25:36 CET Mihai Moldovan wrote:

> Hi Stefan
>
> thanks - I've seen your message via the webfrontend earlier and thus
> decided to sign up. However, CCing me would have been a good idea, yes.
>
> I am flattered, but unfortunately not skilled enough to help you. The
> fix I send originated from a hour-long debugging session with two other
> people (non-OS X developers) - I am pretty sure I would have never
> caught such a stack overflow by myself. (Actually, I tried debugging via
> gdb at first and noticed the this pointer changed when going into the
> newly called channelLoop function, causing the program to crash - but
> was more than startled because this should have never had happened.
> Turns out, the stack was full and the first parameter of the function,
> i.e., "this" could not be pushed onto it, thus reading some random memory.)
>
> At the same time, I am happy to say that otherwise the x2go client (from
> git) is fully functioning on OS X with one little flaw - I have to test
> the same git version on Linux as well to confirm a OS X specific bug though.
>
> Oh yeah, and building nxproxy on OS X is not trivial but easily
> manageable with a few build system modifications.
>
> Best regards,
>

> Mihai

We are desperately searching for someone taking over the building and
testing of the Mac version of x2goclient. Not necessarily the
development.

As far as I can tell, you could be the person we are looking for. Or
rather: the beginning of a team of people.

If you could provide a set of built installer packages for a Mac
version of x2goclient, nxproxy and libxcomp (nx-libs-lite derived from
nx-libs.git) that would be awesome!!!!! NX -> idealistically without
Rosetta, but native...

Any help needed will be given to you (if we can)!!!

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B