[X2Go-Dev] ATTN: Alex - Questions regarding x2goclient.exe --portable and session specification

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:50:17 CET 2012

"newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de" <newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de> napsal(a):

>I'm aware the installer has the /S option for a silent install, but
>having a single copy on a network share (or simply copying updated
>files
>over to the clients using robocopy or xcopy) seems easier than a
>scripted update on $BIGNUM client machines.
>(where $BIGNUM in my case is currently roughly 30 LANs with 5-15 client
>
>machines each, with more to come each month).

I do not know about recent installers, but since the older ones always required admin rights for installation, I have simply opened the installer file with 7zip a copied the relevant files manually to a USB drive.

Runs fine and now with the --portable. and home dir options does not even leave garbage on the host computer.

>-Stefan

Milan

--
http://www.milan-knizek.net/
 About linux and photography (Czech only)