[X2Go-Dev] ATTN: Alex - Questions regarding x2goclient.exe --portable and session specification

newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Thu Feb 16 11:36:10 CET 2012

Am 16.02.2012 11:30, schrieb Moritz Struebe:
> Am 16.02.2012 09:38, schrieb Oleksandr Shneyder:
>> Sorry, in my opinion the session settings are very user specific and
>> should be not saved centrally. You can write a simple shell script to
>> copy template file with session settings into directories of each user
>> on system.
>
> I do disagree somewhat. Depending on your system configuration it
> might be reasonable to put the configuration at some place and have
> the .cache at $TEMP.

Thank you, thank you, thank you - somebody understands me, it seems. ;-)
Storing the session file in a central location makes sense when combined
with --no-session-edit, an x2goclient parameter that is already there.

> Besides that, adjusting this shouldn't be too much trouble.
> That said, I do not want to suggest that you, Alex, need to implement
> this, but should be open to someone (Stefan?) providing a patch.

Sorry, but if I knew enough C/C++ to patch x2goclient I'd do it, instead
of asking stupid questions on the list. ;-)

Out of curiousity: How is this solved in thinclient mode on Linux, by
the way?

-Stefan