[X2Go-Dev] [x2go-i18n] Suggestions

Daniel Lindgren bd.dali at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:44:43 CET 2012

>> What I propose is to add an error-code/number which is the same regardless
>> of the language used. If this could be something more than just a number,
>> like "[x2go-1234568]" it would be real easy to find information with search
>> engines. This would greatly improve the success rate in resolving any
>> errors, and reduce the potential for frustration. A list, with the potential
>> for translated versions, on the wiki could be kept updated with the
>> error-code and a short helpful explanation/help text.
>>
>> I really hope this can be considered for X2Go.
>

> From my point of view, I would rather make it easy to run the application in
> English for debugging and recommend this as the way to go. On Linux, this is
> easy:
>
>  LANG=C x2goclient
>  LANG=C pyhoca-gui
>
> On Windows, pyhoca-gui has a --lang <LANG> option. About x2goclient, I do
> not have a clue.
>
> Doing error number bookkeeping, I guess I won't become a fan of... Hmmm...

I'm also a "less used" language user and I've had the exact same idea
as Terje. Troubleshooting (i e googling) error messages in Swedish is
rarely succesful, you pretty much have to translate them to english -
with varying success - to get any hits at all.

If all error messages included an error code/number it would simplify
things a lot.

Cheers,
Daniel