[X2Go-Dev] ATTN: Alex - Questions regarding x2goclient.exe --portable and session specification

newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Tue Feb 14 15:29:29 CET 2012

Hi Alex,

I noticed that x2goclient.exe can be called with --portable to make it
use a session file rather than Windows registry entries.

Is it possible to specify the location of the session file?

Is there a way to export/import sessions from the registry to a sessions
file and back?

Is there any kind of documentation as to which command line options are
available *specifically with the Windows x2go client*?

By the way, the message that is shown after "x2goclient.exe --help" is
too large to fit on my screen.  It doesn't have scroll bars, and there's
no way to resize that window, either.  I have to use Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C to
copy the message to the clipboard, then hit space to "click" the OK
button that is outside of my screen, then paste the clipboard content
into a text editor if I want to read all of it...

Also, is it possible to connect without a session file/registry entry,
by specifying all required parameters on the command line?

if so, what are the minimum required parameters for that? Whenever I try
to pass parameters, x2goclient.exe simply returns me to the command
line. :-(
The only parameters that seem to cause a response are "--help",
"--maximize" and "--hide"...

-Stefan