[X2Go-Dev] @Mike, @Alex: Bug in x2gotrinitybindings Debian package (Stable)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Feb 6 18:48:23 CET 2012

Hi Stefan,

On Mo 06 Feb 2012 18:39:20 CET "newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de" wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am unable to uninstall x2gotrinitybindings.
>
> Its prerm script contains
>
>> case "$1" in
>>    configure)
>>    rm -f /opt/trinity/bin/kdesktop_lock
>>    mv /opt/trinity/bin/kdesktop_lock.trinity /opt/trinity/bin/kdesktop_lock
>>    ;;
>>
>>    abort-upgrade|abort-remove|abort-deconfigure)
>>    ;;
>>
>>    *)
>>        echo "postinst called with unknown argument \`$1'" >&2
>>        exit 1
>>    ;;
>> esac
>
> which always breaks with the catch-all condition as uninstalling it
> passes "remove":
>
> apt-get remove x2gotrinitybindings
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   x2gotrinitybindings
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
> After this operation, 156 kB disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
> (Reading database ... 121281 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing x2gotrinitybindings ...
> postinst called with unknown argument `remove'
> dpkg: error processing x2gotrinitybindings (--remove):
>  subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
> configured to not write apport reports
>                                       Errors were encountered while
> processing:
>  x2gotrinitybindings
>
> Trying to reinstall it breaks as well:
>  apt-get install --reinstall x2gotrinitybindings
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0 B/17.1 kB of archives.
> After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
> Selecting previously deselected package x2gotrinitybindings.
> (Reading database ... 121281 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace x2gotrinitybindings
> 0.0.0.1+squeeze~main~10~build1 (using
> .../x2gotrinitybindings_0.0.0.1+squeeze~main~10~build1_all.deb) ...
> postinst called with unknown argument `upgrade'
> dpkg: warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
> dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
> postinst called with unknown argument `failed-upgrade'
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/x2gotrinitybindings_0.0.0.1+squeeze~main~10~build1_all.deb
> (--unpack):
>  subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
> configured to not write apport reports
>                                       Errors were encountered while
> processing:
>
> /var/cache/apt/archives/x2gotrinitybindings_0.0.0.1+squeeze~main~10~build1_all.deb
>
> And I believe postinst contains similar code.

> [...]

x2gotrinitybindings does not have a release and it is indeed undeveloped.

Put an ,,exit 0'' at the top of that postrm script. That should help
you get rid of the script.

Do you need the trinity bindings? Alex is actually preparing some
universal tool for desktop integration, but this is probably a raw
egg...

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B