[X2Go-Dev] Bug#93: x2goagent should create /tmp/.X11-unix directory

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Dec 19 17:32:50 CET 2012

On 12/19/2012 09:14 AM, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Mike Gabriel
> <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
>> Package: x2goagent
>> Severity: normal
>>

>> ----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Burnce at gmx.net -----
>>       Datum: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 08:57:53 +0100
>>         Von: Burnce at gmx.net
>>     Betreff: [X2Go-User] RHEL6 package should create /tmp/.X11-unix directory
>>          An: X2Go-User at lists.berlios.de
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After much hunting I found what the problem was runnung x2goserver on a
>> freshly installed server.
>>
>> Apparently X2Go requires the /tmp/.X11-unix directory to exist with
>> permissions 1777.
>>
>> Could you please see to it the creation of this directory and the
>> permissions settings are performed by teh x2goserver package.
>

> At least in debian, this directory is created by the init script of
> the x11-common package. Maybe x2goserver should explicitly depend on
> that package.
>
> I'm not sure what the equivalent package is in RedHat/Fedora, but it
> clearly seems to be a packaging issue to me.

On Fedora it is created via systemd's tmpfiles mechanism, and in fact provided
by the systemd package so it will be on all machines.

I'm using it on a RHEL6 server with no native/local X server.  The X server
itself will create the directory if it doesn't exist, but will abort if it
already exists but with the wrong owner or permissions.

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com