[X2Go-Dev] Bug#87: parallel build issues

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Dec 14 19:18:37 CET 2012

Package: nx-libs
Version: 3.5.0.16
Tags: patch

I've been seeing the parallel build issues in nx-libs mentioned recently.
Tracking the build closer, it looks like a lot is getting built during the
"make depend" stage:

depending in lib/X11...
make[5]: Entering directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/nx-libs-HEAD/nx-X11/lib/X11'
cd ../../../nxcomp &&   /builddir/build/BUILD/nx-libs-HEAD/my_configure

(I've set CONFIGURE to point to my_configure following the opensuse
buildserver rpm specfile)

Now, why is this happening?

In nx-X11/lib/X11/Makefile there are deps like:

depend:: $(NX_XCOMPLIBTARGET)

Which triggers a build of nxcomp.  These come from nx-X11/lib/X11/Imakefile
and are complete nonsense - why are we building things during the depend
stage?  Removing those exposes the lack of proper build dependencies between
NX_X11, Xcomp, and Xcompext (and what the previous depend hack was trying to
work around).

The attached patch I believe fixes both of these issues, and hopefully fixes
the parallel make issue as well.  It's been building fine for me now.

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com