[X2Go-Dev] Attention @Alex, @Mike: Urgent problem with Flash and Iceweasel

John Williams jwilliams4200 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 21:07:17 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Stefan Baur
<newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de> wrote:

> we're seeing issues with Flash and Iceweasel when x2go or nx are part of the
> equation.
>
> A thorough description including videos showing the issue is available here:
> http://ionic.de/~sbaur/
> (Hosting space kindly provided by Mihai Moldovan)

I switched from Firefox to Chromium months ago because of this issue.
But I was browsing nomachines website, and they have a workaround that
solved the problem for me in Firefox.

Specifically, I opened the Firefox configuration settings
(about:config), and then added a new string with name
"plugins.force.wmode" and value "transparent". That did the trick for
me.

Here is the nomachine workaround:

http://www.nomachine.com/tr/view_notes.php?commid=180&id=TR04J02675

It has been reported that two more workarounds are possible:

- adding the "render=0" and "defer=2" options to the AgentExtraOptions
key in the node.cfg configuration file (this could affect the overall
performance);

- adding the "plugins.force.wmode = transparent" or the
"plugins.force.wmode = opaque" option to firefox in the "about:config"
URL.