[X2Go-Dev] x2go in Chroot

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sat Apr 28 20:56:32 CEST 2012

Hi Ted,

On Do 26 Apr 2012 21:31:59 CEST  wrote:

> Our understanding is we can set up an entire Ubuntu Desktop
> environment inside of chroot.
>
> Could we also install x2go server inside of this environment and
> connect via x2go?

If you work with pure chroots then install x2goserver into each
chroot. Configure the chroot's SSH daemon to listen on a specific SSH
port.

So at the end you have

   chroot-1 - <port-1>
   chroot-2 - <port-2>

Setup up X2Go client to connect to your host, for chroot-1 choose
<port-1> in your X2Go client configuration, <port-2> for chroot-2, etc.

Done.

For chroot handling you can also look at the Debian/Ubuntu package schroot.

vServer is much more optimal as you can have partially shared file
system subtrees, common configuration and shared library memspace.

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B