[X2Go-Dev] Temporary PulseAudio directory under `/tmp/` created by root

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Sat Apr 28 17:19:43 CEST 2012

On Sat, 2012-04-28 at 10:56 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear X2go folks,
>

> I am trying to find out what package does try to connect to PulseAudio
> during system start up leaving a temporary directory
> `/tmp/pulse-XXXXXXXXXXXX` [1].
>
> Could that be the result of running the init script
> `/etc/init.d/x2goserver`?
>
> This is a Debian Sid/unstable system.
<snip>
I haven't looked at the current code but I doubt it
is /etc/init.d/x2goserver; that probably just invokes the session
cleanup daemon.  I do not recall which script it is but it is probably
an x2go script in /usr/bin/ and invoked on the x2goserver via ssh from
the client when sound is enabled - John